Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A QUARTER of the way there!

Well, it's official.

I've made it through my very first quarter of teaching!

Yes, it's true. This morning, I finished entering my grades for first quarter! I clicked the 'save' button, said goodbye to last quarter, and shouted hello to the future! In my first 10 weeks of teaching, there have been many ups and downs. Some nights I came home glowing, and others I stumbled through the door in tears. But through it all, I've discovered one extremely important thing: I am a teacher. I am a good teacher. And I am doing exactly what I was put on this Earth to do.

Gosh, I just can't explain the surreal-ness of going to a JOB that I am absolutely smitten with!

As I look back over first quarter, I am pretty happy with all that I've done during my first ten weeks as an educator. What I'm most proud of are the relationships I've formed with both my students and my colleagues. I am a part of a great team at East High School, and I couldn't have asked for better students!

Much more to come. Now that I've finally found my nich, I seem to have more free time, especially on the weekends, and I promise to blog as much as I can!

This was our first ESL social. We had just under 100 students
come out to the park for a picnic in last September. It was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment