Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Look Back @ 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
 

First off, let me just start by saying that I PROMISE to be more active with my teaching blog. There is so much that I've learned in these past months that I want to share, but things, experiences, and opportunities have just been filling up and piling into my mind that all I can do is embrace them and enjoy. [Did I just make a New Year's resolution?! Oops.]

Yep, 2013 was pretty great (even though it had its ups and downs, but what year doesn't?!)! Let's look at some highlights, shall we?
  • I landed my first-ever, full-time teaching position - my dream job teaching ESL English to high school students! It's been quite the journey, but I wouldn't change my life for anything! My students have made me appreciate this great world so much more, and I believe I learn more from my kids EVERY DAY than they do from me. Thanks, kids! Ms. Noonan loves yas!
  • I read 46 books in 2013! I fell eight books short of my original goal, but I surprised myself by actually doing what I could to stick to my original plan of reading a book a week. Wow, the places I've traveled to and the people I've met this year. I love reading more and more each and every day that I'm alive!
  • My brother and his now (as of January 1st, 2014) fiance moved back to Chicago from Mississippi, and our family has somewhat rekindled itself. We even put together an early family Christmas party (something that is usually quite difficult seeing as I travel to Buffalo, NY each year to visit Jason's family, not to mention every one else's holiday travel plans), which was simply wonderful! My brother and I had lost touch for a couple of years, but now that he lives close once again, he's become such a big part of my life all over again. I swear, the older I get, the more important family becomes to me, and I'm grateful to be experiencing such wonderful relationships with the people I'm closest to.
  • I celebrated four wonderful years with Jason, my best friend and favorite person in the world.
  • I attended a number of ESL and Literacy conference and trainings. In just the few, short months that I've been teaching, I feel that I've grown emotionally, professionally, and happily in ways that I never knew were possible. I'm like a sponge! I crave learning all that I can while I am still young enough and energetic enough to do it!
I've already begun reading my first book for 2014, and I'm so excited to tell you about it. It's very important because someone very special gave it to me. Stay tuned to read about it in my next blog posting :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment